Friday, February 6, 2009

Everything is a Manifestation of God

If I could simply act in the best interest of others and those others could do the same, the small things wouldn't exist and the big things would be more tolerable. So, why is this fundamentally simple theory not easily carried out? Is it human nature for us to step on others to get to "the top"? Could it simply be survival of the fittest? What exactly is "the top"? Is it the car? The house? The job? The trophy wife/husband?

I think about my friends that have passed. I remember who they were. Just them. I have to stop and think for a minute to recall what they did for a living. I can't call to mind what most of them drove. I just remember the people they were and what they meant to me. So, what is the point to this struggle for notoriety, to be ""the best"?
I don't want to work more, so that I can make more money. I want to get to know the people I love better. I want to build more memories that we will always look back on, even after we have lost touch. I want to really enjoy my daydreams. I want to walk down the street holding hands, smiling at the old couple that I hope we may one day be. I want to live a truly spiritual life. I want to become aware of God's presence and purpose in everything. I simply want to be calm, free from worry, at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment