Saturday, February 7, 2009

Experience, Strength, & Hope

Hi, my name is … and yes, I'm a member
How I got here? I can't quite remember.
My last thirty years are kind of a haze
Caused from what I called the "good ol' days"
Filled with booze, pills and drugs of all names
Sex, deceit and life threatening games
Waning into self-destruction
Humiliated by some dramatic production
Never deterred by hitting a bottom
I'd bounce right back without a problem
I egotistically thought I had control
Lied to my loved ones and played my roll
Letting them believe that I was getting better
Watching them be so proud of Heather
But in truth I still caused frustration
I'd fail to meet my obligations
My work day cut short by far
To have more than a few drinks at the bar
Rushing home to cook dinner and then when it's over
Passing out due to my mid-evening hangover
So I am here for the people I love
And due to the things that I am tired of
Your experience, strength and hope empowers
So that I may get through another 24 hours

1 comment: